We understand the importance of tackling discrimination and promoting equality between different groups of people, whilst addressing the diverse needs of individuals. That is why SCW is working hard to develop an inclusive culture where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. Diversity is important to us because different perspectives, ideas, backgrounds, opinions and knowledge create a unique strength for our organisation; better enabling us to support and understand our customers and their stakeholders.
At SCW we are committed to:
- recruiting, retaining and developing our workforce, making us a diverse range of people with knowledge of, and a commitment to, equality and human rights
- positively welcoming differences and diverse thinking, actively encouraging each other to use our individual talents in the delivery of our services
- nurturing our existing partnerships and fostering new ones to deliver service excellence and promote equality, human rights and inclusion throughout our business
- encouraging each other to analyse and understand the implications of equality and human rights in our work
- supporting our staff to develop behaviours that promote a positive and inclusive workplace culture, so that everyone feels valued.
We want SCW – and our customers – to improve access to employment opportunities; to support continuing improvements in the quality of health services; and to improve the experiences of everyone who comes into contact with the NHS, irrespective of who they are.