The Quality Observatory designed and delivered an online skills profiling tool, which was identified as an important business need by customers. The Quality Observatory collaborated effectively to develop and bespoke the solution for specific customer needs. We anticipate this tool will be increasingly used by customers as they seek to understand current and future skills gaps and opportunities. Alastair Wilson, HR/OD Project Lead – SCW
We were approached by three CCGs who wanted to have a better understanding of the skills that staff have within their respective organisations. This is important for a number of reasons:
- To identify potential skills strengths
and gaps both now and for the future
- To enable them to plan their training
more effectively and efficiently
help individual staff to focus on the breadth and depth of skills that they have
and to identify where they might want to
develop their future career
- To identify potential skills strengths and gaps both now and for the future
Working collaboratively with the three CCGs we successfully developed, built and deployed a secure online platform for collection, storage, collation and presentation of skills self-assessment data for both individual users, departments and organisations. The system provides real-time feedback of results to individual users as well as summary analysis and reports for senior managers.
- The system is helping the CCGs to understand capacity as an organisation, where they need to develop and who
needs support to achieve their career aspirations.
- For managers the self-assessment is an
ideal opportunity to build a constructive, developmental relationship with
their staff – one that focuses both on business need and the needs of the
- The results from the skills self-assessment
are particularly helpful where the organisation needs to, for example, put
short-term projects and/or programmes together, ensuring that the best skills
mix are available in order to complete the project/programme successfully.
- The system is helping the CCGs to understand capacity as an organisation, where they need to develop and who needs support to achieve their career aspirations.
Easy-to-interpret dashboards and visualisation of patients and outcomes to deliver quality and patient safety analysis.