The North Hampshire CCG area needed support to oversee the primary care rent review process for all practices in their area. An expert oversight and administration service was required to ensure practices receive a rent review as per the requirements of the General Medical Services Premises Costs Directions 2013 through the provision of an expert oversight and administration service.
The review was to be delivered in two areas:
- A review of the existing premises portfolio with the intention of creating a comprehensive master spread sheet of all practice premises information plus relevant rent reimbursement data.
- Primary Care premises rent review process for all practices premises / sites across the North Hampshire CCG premises portfolio.
We delivered a complete rent review process which offered the following short and long-term solutions across six areas:
1. Completion of a comprehensive review, assessment and update of current premises portfolio database to provide an accurate master spread sheet for the CCG which logged details of each primary care practice premises and listed the key rent reimbursement details for each. This work involved:
- A review of existing records to enable an assessment of compliance with rent review process, identification of outstanding reviews and estimate of number of required reviews going forward
- An estimate of the number of outstanding reviews thereby highlighting potential financial implications to key stakeholders thus enabling better financial planning
- An accurate baseline for the CCG to estimate the programme of work required to deliver compliance with the requirements of the General Medical Services (Premises Costs) Directions 2013.
2. Provision of administrative services to oversee the required three yearly cycle rent review process.
3. Provision of a reactive service to manage all practice generated rent review processes
4. Administration of local rent reimbursement dispute resolution processes
5. Monitoring of overall premises rental reimbursement and identification of individual practices requiring an increase in rent reimbursement >10% and indicating if District Valuer fees for a single practice were likely to exceed £2000
6. Formal monthly reporting consisting of:
- Monthly update of master spread sheet
- Rent monthly status activity reports
Though our understanding of internal processes at CCG level, we were able to bring our expertise to a long term solution for the client.
We now offer on-going management and review of all primary care premises within the premises portfolio held by the CCG as per the requirements of the General Medical Services Premises Costs Directions 2013