The South West Mental Health Clinical Network (SWMHCN) aims to bring about improvements in the quality and equity of care and outcomes for patients. The network achieves results for patients by linking professionals and organisations in an integrated, whole system approach.
SCW supported the strategic development of the network and set up a control and governance structure to manage their improvement programme and assurance functions, whilst sharing best practice across the south west of England.
- Subject matter expertise; our expert blended team offered project, transformation and commissioning performance skills.
- A robust governance structure and assurance process for programme delivery
- Briefings for all key stakeholders to keep them updated
- Support for the clinical leads through managing the SWMHCN team meeting
- Briefings, reports, submissions and business cases relating to mental health on behalf of the SWMHCN and the south west Director of Commissioning Operations and delivery team
- We used data analytics to scope additional projects and to identify improved mental health delivery across the SWMHCN footprint.
- Co-ordination of the south region mental health delivery team meeting and mental health priority programme board meeting on behalf of SWMHCN
SCW’s support provided real added value for both the clinical network and for people requiring mental health support by:
- Using data analytics to identify opportunities for improvement
- Managing the clinical network programmes of work
- Developing and achieving key deliverables
- Establish resilient project management, reporting and assurance processes
- Building clinical and operational relationships across SWMHCN, other mental health networks, and with NHS England
- Working to engage partners within and outside the NHS