We are delighted to announce that our joint shared care record entry featuring Connecting Care, Care and Health Information Exchange (CHIE) and Joining up Your Information (JUYI) has been shortlisted for the Data and Interoperability category of the Smarter Working Live Awards. The awards are hosted by GovNewsDirect, and the Government’s Smarter Working Team, part of an executive agency under the Cabinet Office with the award ceremony to be held on 26 November 2020.
SCW has a long and successful track record of leading the development of these technologies in the NHS which can be traced back to 2003 with the creation of a Clinical Data Repository (CDR). This later became known as the Hampshire Health Record (HHR) before being re-named CHIE in 2017.
Over the last 16 years CHIE, Connecting Care, JUYI plus other projects such as the Oxford Care Summary have developed incrementally to meet the developing needs of the health and care system by:
• increasing the coverage of numbers of patients
• making it easier for clinical staff to access the data they need securely
• increasing the depth and complexity of the data held, giving a more complete clinical history for each patient
• including social care in the ability to access health data and share social care data
• innovations which assist with particular care pathways
Recognising that smarter working is now an imperative in government, the awards showcase organisations who are contributing to the government’s drive towards creating a more agile working culture, with modern environments and flexible working standards.