Our aim is to apply evidence in the prioritisation of resources and development of transformation plans, to understand clinical variation, improve understanding of patient experience, and support decisions that will improve outcomes for patients.
Already working in partnership with NHS Providers, Sustainability and Transformation Partnerships (STPs) and Integrated Care Systems (ICSs), we provide expert clinical support services essential for delivery of new models of care in line with the NHS Five Year Forward View. We help with the following:
Integrated clinical support services
- Maximising resources and delivering high quality patient care within financial constraints
- Supporting the development of evidence-based clinical policies and pathways so that fewer treatments with low clinical and cost effectiveness take place, and that the treatment thresholds for these enable care to be targeted at the appropriate patients.
- Extended opportunities for service improvement involving horizon scanning and knowledge sharing to inform commissioning intentions and the implementation of STP plans.
- Local clinical priority committees need to function safely and effectively in developing, reviewing and agreeing clinical treatment policies and thresholds. We provide expertise to develop and support governance arrangements for CCG or STP-wide policy ratification.
Clinical risk stratification and population analytics
- Using population health analytics to target resources and identify efficiency savings in treatment patterns
- The pace of work is increasing significantly. We support our customers to manage ‘here and now’ service delivery, using data to target resources and identify efficiency savings in treatment patterns, all without compromising on quality.
- Engaging with patients and the public on how to deliver care in more sustainable ways is vital to delivery. We support sustainable delivery with future-proofed and flexible solutions which meet the needs of ICSs, ICOs and STPs as these emerge.
- Technology plays an integral part in facilitating system-wide working across health and social care organisations and supporting service transformation. We are acknowledged experts in using technology to underpin the transformation agenda.
Individual Funding Requests (IFR) and prior approvals
Ensuring patients are offered the right treatment, at the right time we support the implementation of clinical policies and processes through IFR and prior approval services for threshold policies. This trust-based system is founded on compliance with an agreed menu of options around exclusion, restriction or clinical review/audit.
Patient advice, liaison (PALs) and complaints
Our expert team work closely with patients, carers and their families to deal with enquiries or complaints
- All contributing towards local quality schedules and future work plans.
- We listen to questions or concerns and facilitate honest answers and informed responses, including appropriate apologies and examples of lessons learned.
We enable you to get the best from medicines and ensure conditions are managed as well as they can be.
- We assess prescribing data and CCG/STP delivery, and identify progress, projections, barriers and solutions and recommend the most effective areas where change can be delivered.
- Our bespoke support includes ‘how to’ guides, operating procedures, contractual solutions and recommendations that will unlock barriers or kick-start local progress.
- Balancing safety, tolerability, value and simplicity we help you to make the right choices in prescription products
Operational clinical support services
Referral Management Centre
As a recognised centre of excellence, our referral management support centre provides safe and appropriate referral support using the most clinically appropriate providers.
- This includes arranging patient transport for GP practices, managing dental and optometry referrals, tracking claims and managing a telehealth service. Experienced administrators and expert clinicians provide this service to ensure that the most appropriate referrals are made.
- The quality of service combined with our expertise and geographical knowledge helps E-Referral patients benefit from enhanced choice and booking experience via the national appointment booking line.
- The referral management centre also hosts the Directory of Services hub, where a wide range of our CCG customers can access system support and subject matter expertise in clinical pathways.