Our professional team bring our customers assurance and guidance in all aspects of information governance and its management. Complementing our reputation as a valued strategic partner we offer a credible, reliable and knowledgeable information governance service which can work across a wide range of projects and programmes. We help with the following:
Supporting you to find ways to improve services, share information, and make change happen in a way that benefits local communities and keeps you within the law. Our compliance offer involves support for the annual Information Governance (IG) toolkit submission. We will support you in finding ways to commission services, share information and make changes happen in a way that benefits your priorities.
We have professional skilled IG managers who will provide you with clear, concise advice and take responsibility for getting the details right. This includes:
- Supporting you in your annual IG toolkit submission
- Co-ordinating the IG activities relating to the successful delivery of your organisation's IG toolkit improvement plans
- Investigation and management of any IG Serious Incidents requiring investigation
- Supporting you with completion of the Data flow Mapping and Information Asset Management required for an IG toolkit submission
- Raising awareness of IG requirements, policies and good practice. We give you access to our network of IG specialists
- Supporting compliance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 that came into effect from May 2018
- Providing support and training to ensure 95% of your staff meet the required level of compliance in respect of IG requirements.
Information Governance project support
Within a challenging healthcare landscape, data sharing has become complex and requires a legal basis before data can flow. Our policies and processes enable you to have a clear decision pathway that shows all necessary approval has been gained. Project support includes:
- Provision of specialist advice on all aspects of data sharing
- Supporting teams in the completion of Data
Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) where required, ensuring there is a legal basis for data to be used or shared
- Supporting key IG work streams and projects
Provision of IG support in respect of any service redesign or procurement projects.
Creation of formal arrangements to ensure you have access to the relevant documentation and audit results. We can also work with you to gain assurance that your providers operate in a compliant manner.
- Our professionals support the procurement process by ensuring all bidders comply with the necessary IG required to safely deliver a service
- We can act as evaluator during your procurement and offer professional advice and guidance along the way
- We work collaboratively with other teams within our organisation to ensure IG compliance is met with any service redesign
Specialist advice and guidance
Sharing good practice, innovations, and benchmarking data from across our customer base to support your decision making and operations.
To ensure that our advice and guidance is up to date, we continue to invest in horizon scanning, continuing professional development, and participate in regional and national governance forums. Our team will distil the knowledge we gain, interpret it for local consumption, and make it accessible.
specialist advice and support to all staff, including the Data Protection
Officer, the Caldicott Guardian and SIRO
- Implement national standards and provide advice to teams on business continuity arrangements for information assets
Ensuring all your local IG policies and guidance are fully up to date, reviewed and revised as required. Working in close collaboration with you, we ensure your policies reflect your priorities and changes in national legislation.
Data Protection Impact Assessments
The SCW Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs), which may hold commercially sensitive data, are not uploaded onto our website as many of the SCW DPIAs are completed where SCW is the Data Processor on behalf of the Data Controller. It has been agreed by the Information Governance Steering Group that it would be inappropriate for SCW to publish a document that they were not the Data Controller for. DPIAs may be made available on request and after agreement of the Data Controller. If you wish to obtain more information about this, please contact us for further details.
We understand the importance of getting the IG basics right to avoid reputational and financial risks within businesses and retain the confidence of patients, the public, and health partners. We therefore take a rigorous approach to understanding your IG training needs, delivering relevant, timely training.