We understand the importance of tackling discrimination and promoting equality between different groups of people, whilst addressing the diverse needs of individuals. That is why we are working hard to develop an inclusive culture where everyone is treated with dignity and respect.
Promoting equality and fairness for all
Diversity is important to us because different perspectives, ideas, backgrounds, opinions and knowledge create a unique strength for our organisation, better enabling us to support and understand our customers and their stakeholders.
- Recruiting, retaining and developing our workforce, making us a diverse group of people with detailed knowledge of, and commitment to, equality and human rights.
- Positively welcoming difference and diverse thinking. Actively encouraging each other to use our individual talent and insight in delivering our services.
- Nurturing our existing partnerships and fostering new ones to deliver service excellence and to promote equality, diversity and inclusion throughout our business.
- Encouraging each other to analyse and understand the implications of equality, diversity and inclusion in our work.
- Supporting our staff to behave in ways that promote a positive and inclusive workplace culture, where everyone feels valued.
We want SCW – and our customers – to improve access to employment and career development opportunities.
We will support continuing improvements in the quality of health services and aim to improve the experiences of everyone who comes into contact with the NHS, irrespective of their personal characteristics.
Gender pay gap reporting
Since 2018, all organisations within the United Kingdom with more than 250 employees have been required to publish details of their gender pay gap. In accordance with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010 (Gender Pay Gap Information) Regulations 2017, we have published this information for our workforce as of March 2017, March 2018 and March 2019.