The Improving Immunisation Uptake Team (IIUT) is a specialist team that works closely with and is part of, SCW’s Child Health Information Services (CHIS). The IIUT are focused on reducing variation in immunisations and increasing uptake rates in children aged 0 – 5 years.
The team use CHIS data and collaborates directly with primary care colleagues and other key stakeholders, such as health visitors.
The improving immunisation uptake service is currently provided across three areas:
A bespoke Improving Immunisation Uptake service model is co-designed with the commissioners of each England region to meet the specific needs of the communities we serve.
The IIUT is comprised of clinicians with backgrounds in nursing and health visiting and administrators with skills in data analysis. This unique blend of skills means the team is well-positioned to work closely with colleagues in primary care to support sustained improvements in immunisation uptake rates. The IIUT support offer is flexible and takes the time to tailor the approach to meet individual practice needs.
The IIUT clinicians and GP Liaison administrators promote evidence-based approaches such as the whole-practice approach to childhood immunisations. The IIUT works collaboratively with practices to conduct data cleansing and review immunisation processes.
The ultimate goal is to boost overall immunisation uptake, reduce health inequalities and promote health protection for the youngest in our communities.
Read more about our pioneering work:
- Improving immunisation uptake in the Thames Valley.
- Tackling health inequalities and improving childhood immunisation uptake rates in Slough
- How a specialist team helped GPs to reduce variation in immunisation uptake
- What's the secret to maintaining childhood immunisation uptake rates during a pandemic?
- Increasing preschool booster uptake rates during the 2020 pandemic
- How a GP practice rose to the pandemic challenge of immunising its children
- Delivering an immunisation management service for the NHS flu programme
- Deprivation and ethnicity: Improving immunisation uptake across the UK
- What challenges remain for the national childhood immunisation programme?